Wednesday 27 October 2010

apple crumble








photography by leonie benaiah


Last week, I treated my friends to a dose of my special apple crumble and custard - it was dreamy (even if I do say so myself) and warmed us up a treat. I'm making it again next week for some Uni friends, something to inspire us to work, I hope. If you're not going to be one of the lucky people popping round, here is the recipe for you to try out yourself:


INGREDIENTS

Crumble
300g/10½oz plain flour, sieved pinch of salt
- 175g/6oz unrefined brown sugar
- 200g/7oz unsalted butter, cubed at room temperature
Filling
- 450g/1lb apples, peeled, cored and cut (is any shape you wish)
- 50g/2oz unrefined brown sugar
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tspn crushed cloves
METHOD
Simmer the apples in a saucepan with a splash of water, the sugar and spices, until the apples are soft and crumbly. Put them in a bottom of an oven-proof dish. For the crumble, mix the butter with the flour, then add the sugar and sprinkle on top of the apples.
Place in the oven for 30-40mins at 180Âșc and enjoy!

1 comment:

Popular Posts